Writer's Rebel Creed - March Check-In

Word Count            Submissions              Rejections        Acceptances   

    14188                           2                               2                          1


I've decided to move my monthly reporting to the middle-ish of the month, so this reporting period is only three weeks long. Even so, I'm pleased with the progress. Good word count (most of it last week!) An acceptance is always a nice thing. Like SUPER nice! If you missed that announcement, hop on over to read about it here.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a mother of four. My husband and I like to take the kids out exploring. For a drive to a new destination, on a hike, geocaching, canoeing on a new lake, etc. A couple of my kids like plans. They want to know where we are going. How long we will be there. What the temperature is expected to be. Every little thing. Sometimes, hubs and I will simply answer, "We're flowing!" We make some obnoxious wavy motion with our arms and say it again and again. We know it drives 50% of our kids crazy, while the other 50% are like, "Whatevs! I'm wearing shorts regardless." But we do it to teach the planners to be ready for anything.

This year - I'm flowing. I'm ready for anything. At the beginning of 2014 I made some clear cut goals in my writing life, but I'm willing to change the path I take to achieve them. This is a results oriented year. I think I made some good moves last week to expand my authorial career. Time will tell. 

Do you go with the flow or are you more rigid with your plans?


Comments

  1. Great goals! Yay! on the one accepted!

    All the best!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! And for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. I used to be an extremely rigid person. Planning everything to the T. I wouldn't freak if things went wrong, because honestly, I was so planned out I even planned out for freaky things. lol Sad, really. Having my fourth child is what broke me. I learned that I need to let things go a little, and life would be much happier - and more simple.

    Sheri at Writer's Alley

    Home of Rebel Writer CREED 2014
    Mighty Minion Bureau Team #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what did it for me too. That fourth kid. I used to be SO organized. I wasn't a planner, so much as a putter (everything had its place) and an anticipater. I even anticipated how things could go wrong and how I'd counter it too. Now - well, not anymore.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It