Three Times A Charm with Rita Monette

Welcome to Three Times A Charm. I love to introduce readers to the people involved in childrens publishing. Today we welcome middle grade author, Rita Monette. Rita, can tell us a little about yourself?

I was born and raised in the bayous of Louisiana, and I write stories set in my home state. I retired to the mountains of Tennessee, which is above sea level. Yep, no swamps or gators! I stay busy writing and doing face and body art at local festivals. I enjoy painting, visiting waterfalls, and being entertained by the birds and other wildlife around my humble pad in the woods.

Im sure you werent sad to leave those alligators behind. Can you tell us more about your most recent release, please?

The Curse at Pirate’s Cove is the second in the Nikki Landry Swamp Legend series about a young girl growing up in a houseboat in the bayous of Louisiana in the 1950s. The stories are based on the many legends told surrounding the swamps of southern Louisiana. There’s always a mystery to solve and an adventure for Nikki Landry.

I recommend my book to readers who like: The Laura Ingalls Wilder books and/or Leaving Gees Bend by Irene Latham.

Lets get to know you a little better. Share with us your top three responses to the following questions.

         Top 3 most admired people and why you admire them.

I admire people that are intelligent, have something to say, and not afraid to say it, even if it’s controversial and shakes things up, which include the following:

Dr. Ben Carson. I love his story of his humble beginnings to becoming a top neurosurgeon. His honesty and openness.

Dr. Martin Luther King. Dr. King had something to say, he said it well, and was brave enough to say it.

Margaret Thatcher. A woman that wasn’t afraid of expressing her ideas, even though they rubbed many people the wrong way. 

         Top 3 professions you wanted to be when you grew up.

I wanted to be a ballerina (oh well, no grace)
I wanted to be a singer (did that for awhile)
I wanted to be an artist (still do that)

         Top 3 favorite personality traits that appeal to you.

Honesty, open-mindedness, humbleness.

Okay, so where can our tech savvy readers find you and your book online?


It was lovely of you to visit Strands of Thought. Best of luck to you and The Curse at Pirate's Cove!

THANKS!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the interview, Kai, and for hosting my new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have you here, Rita. Congrats and best wishes.

      Delete
  2. Yay for singers! (And ballet wana-be's.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to be the lead singer in a rock 'n roll band. Okay, maybe I still do!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting Rita today on your blog. I truly appreciate it! The Three Times A Charm interview concept is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hosting authors and their fabulous books. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Okay, so like I wanted to play NHL hockey...for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Glad I'm a girl now! LOL! Congrats on your new release, Rita! Great interview, Kai! You both rock the literary world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can picture you all suited up and ruling the ice! Thanks for stopping in, Sharon.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic interview! Way to go, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great interview, ladies. The book cover is lovely, Rita, and the story sounds like a great adventure for young readers..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me